Memories of mine

I have taken to typing out the things that pop into my mind as a sort of memoir for my kids and grand kids. Probably none of them will ever read them. This came up over a post on facebook about caps:

A buddy and I went to the PX during the last week of jump school in Sept of 1967 to buy our caps and boots. we found the boots okay but not the caps. So we went up to this older lady working at the PX and he asked her, “Do you have any of those, uh, uh, Cunt caps?” I swear she reacted like he had slapped her, gritted her teeth and snarled back at him, “They’re not cunt caps.” Knowing she was some first sergeant’s wife I had already took off getting away from him. No man left behind? Hah, I left his butt figuring if his was going to get stabbed by an old lady he was on his own. I can still remember that lady’s face.

1 Like

Here it is Dec 16,2020 and I just got a surprise thought. I came home from Vietnam in Nov of 1968 and got out of the Army. So 52 years later I am listening to this Christian song on Youtube and that surprise thought hits me. I am A Christian, and I stand on the Rock. The Rock being Jesus Christ. In Nam I served with the 173rd Airborne Brigade and within the Brigade I served in B Company of the 2nd Battalion of the 503rd Parachute Infantry Regiment. The 503 is nicknamed The Rock because of a heroic parachute assault on Corregidor in the Phillipines during WWII. I guess I started standing on the Rock a long time ago.