Been off the Grid for a bit

Getting old really sucks… having medical issues is even worse. About 6 years ago I had a scan done to check for my yearly allowance of kidney stones and to my surprise, gallstones popped up also. I was told not to worry about them right then but eventually it would become a thing that would need to be dealt with. 2 weeks ago my body started to revolt in a bad way and I was diagnosed with Sepsis. Needless to say a trip to the ER landed me 6 days in the hospital while they tried to get my white cell count to a normal range, my fever down and my o2 stats above 90. I have been home for a little over a week now and still have my drainage bag attached while I continue taking mass amounts of antibiotics. Surgery is scheduled for the 7th of Jan to have my gallbladder removed. Men, listen to your body and dont try to tough it out.

Well hell in a hand basket @Tcv21 glad to hear you’re getting things squared away. Kidney stones suck and I don’t want to deal with gall stones but certainly not sepsis. How the hell did you get sepsis without rupturing something?

Stay safe keep your head down and try to enjoy the holidays then get sorted and back home safe. That’s one hell of a way to get out of all the Christmas holiday eating I bet.

Thanks Mark. Here is the latest update I posted on FB:

Update on me. I appreciate all of the prayers, phone calls and well wishes that I have received.

On January 7th I was scheduled to finally have my gallbladder out Laproscopraly. This surgery had been delayed from the first time I entered the hospital on the 9th of Dec due to having Sepsis. I was released from the hospital on Dec 13th after spending days in CCU trying to fight the infection. I was sent home with multiple antibiotic prescriptions and a drain bag to drain off the toxins. A couple days before Christmas, the drain bag was removed as it had stopped working. Surgery was scheduled for the 7th at that point.

Kristi took me to the hospital the morning of the 7th so that I could finally get it over with and start the healing process. Pre-op was fine and off to sleep I drifted. I woke up about 3 hours later with good news/bad news. They were able to remove the GallBladder but not in the original manner. They started out laproscopraly but when the surgeon started to look around, Sepsis had taken hold again and my right lung and gallbladder were swimming in white infection. The top of my gallbladder was necrotic (it had already died).

So, I have been post-op for just over a week. I have spent the last week having hiccups nonstop around the clock, not really hungry and sleep has been amiss.

Last night was the first night that the hiccups stopped and I did get some sleep. My wife
Kristi Condon
is an absolute angel who has take over as my caregiver. My boss
Kevin Day
who took over and kept my department on it’s tracks. Finally, Chris Petty,
Ronald Edward
, and
Trampus Stanley
who kept up and made sure I was a-ok. I’m simply blessed by everyone in my life. I still have a road to travel.

1 Like

Keep on the good path old friend. I expect you to outlast me.

We will see Mark. Unfortunately for me, I have another surgery that I need to go through. I have a leak that they need to go in and fix before I can close this chapter of life on. Im tired of being tired.

1 Like